December 2 2010 Last updated at 10:00 AM ET
Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings: TE
Sure, we know this much is true and that the pain in his foot ain't going away this season. So, while his owners should be delighted he's back for the stretch playoff run, there still should be some tempered expectations. I can't kid you though, I'm taking an 80-percent Antonio Gates over the field. Yup, the talent gap between Gates and the next available tight end is just that steep. And so, maybe we don't get the fantasy dominance that we got earlier this season, but it won't be the end of the world. Perk up Gates owners, I always give the bad news first. And for the good news... he draws the Raiders (who he simply owns) this week.
1. Antonio Gates, SD (vs. OAK)
2. Jacob Tamme, IND (vs. DAL)
3. Tony Gonzalez, ATL (at TB)
4. Greg Olsen, CHI (at DET)
5. Jason Witten, DAL (at IND)
6. Vernon Davis, SF (at GB)
7. Joel Dreessen, HOU (at PHI)
8. Visanthe Shiancoe, MIN (vs. BUF)
9. Kevin Boss, NYG (vs. WAS)
10. Marcedes Lewis, JAC (at TEN)
11. Brandon Pettigrew, DET (vs. CHI)
12. Kellen Winslow, TB (vs. ATL)
13. Jimmy Graham, NO (at CIN)
14. Dustin Keller, NYJ (at NE)
15. Rob Gronkowski, NE (vs. NYJ)
16. Todd Heap, BAL (vs. PIT)
17. Chris Cooley, WAS (at NYG)
18. Brent Celek, PHI (vs. HOU)
19. Jermaine Gresham, CIN (vs. NO)
20. Aaron Hernandez, NE (vs. NYJ)
21. Heath Miller, PIT (at BAL)
22. Anthony Fasano, MIA (vs. CLE)
23. Benjamin Watson, CLE (at MIA)
24. Tony Moeaki, KC (vs. DEN)
• The tight end musical chairs continues in New England this week. Who will be Tom Brady's favorite guy? I'm putting all chips in that it's gonna be Rob Gronkowski. I don't expect huge yardage totals, just a TD and then some.
• It's time to start believing in Kevin Boss again. Sure, he can be pretty much hit-or-miss, but really he's just about all Eli Manning has left in a depleted passing game. He's getting the extra looks and making the most of his chances. Another solid week is hardly out of the question.
• Welcome back to earth Todd Heap. In recent weeks Heap has resurrected his once-forgotten fantasy career. However, I don't really have high hopes that the trend will continue this week against Pittsburgh. If you're banking that it's just like old times for Heap, you're in trouble this weekend.
• Keep a close eye on Jimmy Graham. No, he's not an evangelist, rather he's the replacement tight end for Jeremy Shockey on the Saints. He's building some good rapport with Drew Brees and I like it to continue against a broken Bengals team.
• OK, I'm done hating on Greg Olsen. All he does is score TDs and he's going to score against the Lions this weekend. You can bank on that one.
• And you ask for my sleeper for the week? Let's go for it one last time with Tony Moeaki in Kansas City. I know, I know, he's done nothing to warrant the pick. However, I think this offense is in the zone right now and I think coverages will dictate a few more chance for Moeaki this weekend. I'm not saying he's going off, but if you're looking for a deep reach, here you go.
Read More: NFL Position Rankings antonio+gates, fantasy+football+rankings, fantasy+football+week+13, fantasy+football+week+13+rankings, Greg+Olsen, jacob+tamme, jimmy+graham, Kevin+Boss, Rob+Gronkowski, week+13+fantasy+football
- Say Something »