Rookie DE Jason Pierre-Paul – the Giants' first-round pick – busted out of his shell in Week 12 with his first two NFL sacks. He forced fumbles on both, and while they were recovered by David Garrard, they were still huge plays. The first was for a 14-yard loss late in the third quarter that helped stop a crucial Jaguars drive in Giants territory (they went from first-and-10 at the New York 38 to second-and-24 at the Jags' 48), and the second came on second-and-21 on the Jags final drive. One play later Giants cornerback Terrell Thomas sacked Garrard again and forced a fumble recovered by DB Antrel Rolle, icing the game for the G-Men.
Pierre-Paul finished the contest with a season-high six tackles (five solo), and he's seeing lots of action in the Giants DL mix. The talented pas rusher could have another big game against the Redskins this week. The Giants DEs are all smart plays facing the hapless Washington line, which allows the most points to fantasy DL of any unit in football.
View All Position Rankings | Sleepers | Popular Adds/Drops
1. Justin Tuck, NYG (vs. WAS)
2. Ndamukong Suh, DET (vs. CHI)
3. Trent Cole, PHI (vs. HOU)
4. Jared Allen, MIN (vs. BUF)
5. Osi Umenyiora, NYG (vs. WAS)
6. Jason Hunter, DEN (at KC)
7. Dwight Freeney, IND (vs. DAL)
8. Julius Peppers, CHI (at DET)
9. Mario Williams, HOU (at PHI)
10. Robert Mathis, IND (vs. DAL)
11. Haloti Ngata, BAL (vs. PIT)
12. Kyle Williams, BUF (at MIN)
13. Chris Clemons, SEA (vs. CAR)
14. Jason Babin, TEN (vs. JAC)
15. Charles Johnson, CAR (at SEA)
16. Calais Campbell, ARI (vs. STL)
17. James Hall, STL (at ARI)
18. Jason Pierre-Paul, NYG (vs. WAS)
19. Cullen Jenkins, GB (vs. SF)
20. Will Smith, NO (at CIN)
21. Ahtyba Rubin, CLE (at MIA)
22. Richard Seymour, OAK (at SD)
23. Chris Long, STL (at ARI)
24. Justin Smith, SF (at GB)
25. Darnell Dockett, ARI (vs. STL)
26. John Abraham, ATL (at TB)
27. Israel Idonije, CHI (at DET)
28. Kyle Vanden Bosch, DET (vs. CHI)
29. Ray Edwards, MIN (vs. BUF)
30. Tommy Kelly, OAK (at SD)
• Saints DE Will Smith had a crazy Thanksgiving. Along with a sack and three solo tackles against the Cowboys, he also picked off Jon Kitna. Then things apparently got a bit uglier. Smith says his weekend arrest was the result of "an unfortunate misunderstanding," but he was nonetheless charge with domestic abuse after he and his wife Racquel allegedly got into an argument just after 2 a.m. Saturday while leaving a nightclub.
• Kyle Vanden Bosch has played rat football this season, but the veteran lineman did not practice Wednesday with a neck/shoulder injury and is questionable to play against Chicago on Sunday, according to the Detroit News. I've downgraded him accordingly. Stay tune to the injury report and inactive list prior to game time.
• I'm bullish on both Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis at home this week against the Cowboys. These guys bring it on their home turf and the Colts have something to prove after that Sunday night debacle.
• IDP standout Trent Cole recorded two sacks and five total tackles during Sunday's loss to the Bears, and remains a Top Five DL option regardless of matchup.
• Titans DE Jason Babin should be a fine DL2 play this week, but Dave Ball (concussion) is still a question mark after missing Sunday's game against the Texans.
• Calais Campbell is expected to return to action this week after missing last week's game with a sprained ankle. He and teammate Darnell Dockett should be marginally effective plays, but temper your expectations as that entire team looks lost.
• Atlanta Falcons DL John Abraham (groin) did not practice Wednesday. His matchup against the Bucs isn't that favorable, but he's been a Top 25 DL this season.
• Buffalo Bills DL Dwan Edwards (hamstring) could miss the rest of the season because of the hamstring injury he suffered in Week 12, and Chan Gailey has not ruled out the possibility of placing him on IR. I made a mistake dropping Kyle Williams down in my rankings last week, and he went off against the Steelers. He's back in the Top 15, where he'll stay unless he has a setback from his earlier injuries.