December 5 2010 Last updated at 11:30 AM ET
Injury Central: Adrian Peterson Will Play, Brandon Marshall Out
Fantasy owners gasped when Vikings running back Adrian Peterson left last Sunday's Week 12 game because of an ankle injury. He rested on Wednesday and Thursday before going out on Friday and testing his strength and mobility.
Friday was encouraging to Peterson and the Vikings staff and both feel that he'll be able to play on Sunday. He's still going to be a game-time decision, and ankle injuries are always hit-or-miss, so tune into our Sunday Morning Tailgate to hear all the news about his warm-ups and playing status.
Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall is listed as questionable because of a hamstring injury. He was only able to practice on a limited basis all week, but is expected to play. All indications are that he'll start, but it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on pregame drills in Miami. Hamstring injuries are touchy for receivers and if he's gimpy in warm-ups, his role may be reduced or even cut out.
[Update: Adrian Peterson is ACTIVE, Brandon Marshall is INACTIVE]
Last updated: 7:20 p.m. ET
• Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers - [ACTIVE] Roethlisberger hasn't practiced in full all week and is listed as questionable for Sunday night's game. He is fully expected to play.
• Ryan Torain, Redskins - [INACTIVE] Torain will travel with the team to New York, but is still a game-time decision. His hamstring injury may allow him to play on Sunday, but you will have to wait until 90 minutes before kickoff to figure out if he'll play.
• Mike Tolbert, Chargers - [ACTIVE] Tolbert is listed as questionable with an injured hand. He returned to practice on a limited basis on Friday and is expected to play on Sunday
• Jason Snelling, Falcons - [INACTIVE] Snelling has not practiced all week because of a hamstring injury. He's listed as questionable but likely will not play on Sunday in Tampa.
• Mike Hart, Colts - [ACTIVE] Hart was given a day off on Friday to rest his injured ankle. He's listed as questionable on the injury report and is expected to play.
• Pierre Thomas, Saints - [INACTIVE] This might not be the week for Thomas' return. He's been limited in practice all week, and with the Saints facing the lowly Bengals, Thomas may be held out to completely heal.
• Joseph Addai, Colts - [INACTIVE] Addai practiced on Wednesday and Thursday but was held out on Friday. He's already been ruled out for Week 13.
• Dez Bryant, Cowboys - [ACTIVE] Bryant was dealing with an sore back and on Friday tweaked his ankle to add to rookie's list of ailments. He's still listed as probable, but now has two issues holding him back.
• Mike Williams, Seahawks - [ACTIVE] Williams was a full participant in practice on Friday, his foot good enough to run through drills. He is listed as questionable, but should play on Sunday.
• Santana Moss, Redskins - [ACTIVE] Moss practiced in full for the second straight day on Friday. He's listed as questionable for Sunday's game against New York, but should play.
• Malcom Floyd, Chargers - [ACTIVE] Floyd was upgraded to full practice on Friday. He's still questionable and his hamstring definitely isn't 100 percent, but he'll likely play on Sunday.
• Reggie Wayne, Colts - [ACTIVE] Wayne was a late addition to the injury report with a knee injury. He sat out practice on Friday and is listed as questionable. Wayne should play on Sunday.
• Kenny Britt, Titans - [INACTIVE] It doesn't look like Britt's hamstring has healed enough for him to return to action this week. The Titans haven't made official word yet, but Britt said he didn't think he was playing this weekend.
• Austin Collie, Colts - [INACTIVE] Collie practiced this week, but was held out on Friday. He's still not ready to play on Sunday because of a concussion and has already been ruled out of Week 13.
• Percy Harvin, Vikings - [INACTIVE] Harvin is suffering from migraines and didn't not practice on Thursday and Friday. He is listed as questionable for Week 13 and will be a game-time decision.
• Antonio Gates, Chargers - [Gates is ACTIVE for Week 13.] Even though Gates is officially listed as questionable on the NFL injury report, the Chargers' website had him down as "out" on Saturday night. With a late-afternoon start for San Diego's tilt with Oakland, it's shaping up to be another dreaded game-time headache for Gates owners.
• John Carlson. Seahawks - [INACTIVE] Carlson's hip forced him to miss practice on Friday. He'll be a game-time decision against Carolina, but shouldn't be counted on.
• Zach Miller, Raiders - [ACTIVE] Miller is dealing with a torn plantar fascia and is listed as questionable. He's been practicing on a limited basis this week and is expected to play on Sunday.
Read More: NFL Injury Report adrian+peterson+ankle, adrian+peterson+fantasy, adrian+peterson+injury, adrian+peterson+status, antonio+gates, austin+collie, ben+roethlisberger, brandon+marshall+fantasy, brandon+marshall+injury, brandon+marshall+update, Dez+Bryant, Jason+Snelling, John+Carlson, Joseph+Addai, Kenny+Britt, Malcom+Floyd, Mike+Hart, mike+tolbert, Mike+Williams, Percy+Harvin, Pierre+Thomas, Reggie+Wayne, Ryan+Torain, santana+moss, will+adrian+peterson+play, Zach+Miller
- Say Something »